Tiller begins hauling at Scandia mine
The company started hauling on Monday and is expected to finish around December 20.
The mine reopened in early September after the Scandia City Council unanimously approved the project.
Tiller will mine 64 acres of the 114-acre Scandia site for 3.3 years, extracting up to 1.2 million tons of gravel. Once mining is complete, the company will reclaim it.
Forest Lake Times notes that the reclaimed land will have dry prairie, mesic prairie and coniferous woodland plants.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1592 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”257 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention166 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban124 Views