Tiller begins hauling at Scandia mine
The company started hauling on Monday and is expected to finish around December 20.
The mine reopened in early September after the Scandia City Council unanimously approved the project.
Tiller will mine 64 acres of the 114-acre Scandia site for 3.3 years, extracting up to 1.2 million tons of gravel. Once mining is complete, the company will reclaim it.
Forest Lake Times notes that the reclaimed land will have dry prairie, mesic prairie and coniferous woodland plants.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger354 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)324 Views