Tiller begins hauling at Scandia mine
The company started hauling on Monday and is expected to finish around December 20.
The mine reopened in early September after the Scandia City Council unanimously approved the project.
Tiller will mine 64 acres of the 114-acre Scandia site for 3.3 years, extracting up to 1.2 million tons of gravel. Once mining is complete, the company will reclaim it.
Forest Lake Times notes that the reclaimed land will have dry prairie, mesic prairie and coniferous woodland plants.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2287 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...502 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker306 Views