Tiller begins hauling at Scandia mine
The company started hauling on Monday and is expected to finish around December 20.
The mine reopened in early September after the Scandia City Council unanimously approved the project.
Tiller will mine 64 acres of the 114-acre Scandia site for 3.3 years, extracting up to 1.2 million tons of gravel. Once mining is complete, the company will reclaim it.
Forest Lake Times notes that the reclaimed land will have dry prairie, mesic prairie and coniferous woodland plants.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views