Tiller begins hauling at Scandia mine
The company started hauling on Monday and is expected to finish around December 20.
The mine reopened in early September after the Scandia City Council unanimously approved the project.
Tiller will mine 64 acres of the 114-acre Scandia site for 3.3 years, extracting up to 1.2 million tons of gravel. Once mining is complete, the company will reclaim it.
Forest Lake Times notes that the reclaimed land will have dry prairie, mesic prairie and coniferous woodland plants.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151558 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151032 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections965 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production677 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone403 Views