Tiller’s Scandia mine to open this week
The mine won the unanimous approval of the Scandia City Council in February, despite concerns from some nearby residents about the mine’s effects on the St. Croix River and possible Indian burial grounds, as well as truck traffic and noise.
The approval included 83 conditions on the conditional-use permit and 31 conditions on the annual operating permit.
The project is limited to 3.3 years. It will begin with vegetation removal and preliminary grading.
Tiller Corp., the company that owns the mine, said it will extract 1.2 million tons of gravel from 64 acres of the 114-acre site before reclaiming the area.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 865 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life488 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers217 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning151 Views