Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve ordinance banning quarry development
Tippecanoe County Commissioners this week approved an ordinance banning quarry development near Americus, Ind., the Lafayette Journal & Courier reports.
The ordinance could prevent a limestone quarry proposed by Rogers Group from being constructed. The plan have faced opposition from neighbors for the past year.
Approval of the ordinance came just days after Rogers Group refiled its application for construction. The company had withdrawn its request for a special exception in May so it could focus on neighbor concerns. When refiling its request, Rogers Group included several modifications to its proposal to provide conditions requested by the local community.
According to the report, the Board of Zoning Appeals could hear the new request during its meeting on Aug. 27.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs720 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries286 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law222 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding218 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs202 Views