Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve ordinance banning quarry development
Tippecanoe County Commissioners this week approved an ordinance banning quarry development near Americus, Ind., the Lafayette Journal & Courier reports.
The ordinance could prevent a limestone quarry proposed by Rogers Group from being constructed. The plan have faced opposition from neighbors for the past year.
Approval of the ordinance came just days after Rogers Group refiled its application for construction. The company had withdrawn its request for a special exception in May so it could focus on neighbor concerns. When refiling its request, Rogers Group included several modifications to its proposal to provide conditions requested by the local community.
According to the report, the Board of Zoning Appeals could hear the new request during its meeting on Aug. 27.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry627 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction510 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way402 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter390 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company385 Views