Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve ordinance banning quarry development
Tippecanoe County Commissioners this week approved an ordinance banning quarry development near Americus, Ind., the Lafayette Journal & Courier reports.
The ordinance could prevent a limestone quarry proposed by Rogers Group from being constructed. The plan have faced opposition from neighbors for the past year.
Approval of the ordinance came just days after Rogers Group refiled its application for construction. The company had withdrawn its request for a special exception in May so it could focus on neighbor concerns. When refiling its request, Rogers Group included several modifications to its proposal to provide conditions requested by the local community.
According to the report, the Board of Zoning Appeals could hear the new request during its meeting on Aug. 27.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two miners killed after rock strikes boom truck910 Views
- Gamecocks get the win over Vulcan in battle for land588 Views
- How much fun can you handle? Quarry Quest 2014 Photos480 Views
- Rock quarry working through the night for Boeing 777X364 Views
- Sand pit employee life-flighted to hospital after hit-and-run at work188 Views