Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve ordinance banning quarry development
Tippecanoe County Commissioners this week approved an ordinance banning quarry development near Americus, Ind., the Lafayette Journal & Courier reports.
The ordinance could prevent a limestone quarry proposed by Rogers Group from being constructed. The plan have faced opposition from neighbors for the past year.
Approval of the ordinance came just days after Rogers Group refiled its application for construction. The company had withdrawn its request for a special exception in May so it could focus on neighbor concerns. When refiling its request, Rogers Group included several modifications to its proposal to provide conditions requested by the local community.
According to the report, the Board of Zoning Appeals could hear the new request during its meeting on Aug. 27.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher506 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident351 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!186 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing182 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution180 Views