Top highway official kicks off events to improve minority contracting for transportation projects; dates of additional events announced
Phoenix - new Construction on I-10 and Estrella Expressway, Aug. 24-25. The two projects, estimated to cost more than $3 billion, will build 16 miles of new six-lane freeway from I-10 to State Route 60 and 12 miles of six-lane freeway through Glendale, Peoria and El Mirage from the Estrella Expressway to Grand Avenue.
Brooklyn and Queens - Kosciuszko Bridge Replacement, in October. Estimated at $670 million, this project will widen a 1.1-mile segment of the Brooklyn/Queens Expressway and rebuild two structures to replace the existing bridge.
Louisville and New Albany, Ind. - Ohio River Bridges, Nov. 9-10, 2010. These projects, estimated at more than $4 billion, will build two new bridges – one in downtown Louisville and another on the east side of the city connecting the Gene Snyder Freeway in Louisville, Ky., to the Lee Hamilton Highway in New Albany, Ind. In addition, the existing interchange, where I-64, I-65 and I-70 converge in downtown Louisville, will be rebuilt.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader511 Views
- NSSGA names Michael W. Johnson as president, CEO212 Views
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Vulcan mining project in Virginia179 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska115 Views
- Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit111 Views