Township sues quarry operator for expired permit, mining in prohibited area
Officials in Union Township, Pennsylvania, have filed a lawsuit against W.G. Tomko Inc. for rock mining operations, according to a report from Observer-Reporter.com.
The township says Tomko and Missionary Partners is mining in an area where those operations are prohibited, and the company is using an expired permit.
The lawsuit requests the company immediately cease grading and mining operations and stop using heavy machinery. It also requires the company to obtain the correct permits before beginning any future operations.
The lawsuit notes that Tomko received a letter on June 20 about the violation, and that no changes had been made as of August 13.
Prior to filing the lawsuit, the township received complaints from neighbors about noise and dust.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views