Transportation and Infrastructure Committee to set ground rules
On Jan. 23,at 10 a.m., the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee will hold its organizational meeting, Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) announced. The meeting will be held in 2167 Rayburn House Office Building.
“I look forward to getting to work to improve our nation’s infrastructure,” Shuster said in a committee press release. “These issues have a tremendous impact on us all — transportation affects how we live our day-to-day lives, how much time we spend with our families and friends, how goods get from one place to another, how much these goods and services cost us as consumers, and how competitive our businesses can be in a global marketplace. In the coming months, the Committee will focus on strengthening the nation’s transportation network and reforming programs for a more competitive and prosperous America.”
The meeting will include approval of the committee rules, oversight plan, subcommittee chairmen and ranking members, and subcommittee assignments.
This meeting will also be webcast. Click on the link to view the webcast.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry479 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry339 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution219 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes213 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors197 Views