Transportation and Infrastructure Committee to set ground rules
On Jan. 23,at 10 a.m., the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee will hold its organizational meeting, Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) announced. The meeting will be held in 2167 Rayburn House Office Building.
“I look forward to getting to work to improve our nation’s infrastructure,” Shuster said in a committee press release. “These issues have a tremendous impact on us all — transportation affects how we live our day-to-day lives, how much time we spend with our families and friends, how goods get from one place to another, how much these goods and services cost us as consumers, and how competitive our businesses can be in a global marketplace. In the coming months, the Committee will focus on strengthening the nation’s transportation network and reforming programs for a more competitive and prosperous America.”
The meeting will include approval of the committee rules, oversight plan, subcommittee chairmen and ranking members, and subcommittee assignments.
This meeting will also be webcast. Click on the link to view the webcast.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry739 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets555 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year313 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views