Transportation loses 5,100 jobs in June
The transportation sector lost 5,100 jobs in June, dropping to 4,456,800 last month from 4,461,900 in May, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which reported that the highest gains were experienced in the “support activities for transportation” sector, which increased from 584,000 positions in May to 587,200 in June–a 3,200-job gain.
The greatest losses occurred in the transit and ground passenger sector, which decreased from 468,600 jobs in May to 462,900 jobs in June.
Read the full BLS report at bls.gov.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers275 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views