Transportation loses 5,100 jobs in June
The transportation sector lost 5,100 jobs in June, dropping to 4,456,800 last month from 4,461,900 in May, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which reported that the highest gains were experienced in the “support activities for transportation” sector, which increased from 584,000 positions in May to 587,200 in June–a 3,200-job gain.
The greatest losses occurred in the transit and ground passenger sector, which decreased from 468,600 jobs in May to 462,900 jobs in June.
Read the full BLS report at bls.gov.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2345 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...548 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry348 Views
- How to become a more productive worker318 Views
- Bellwood Quarry could become new civic center146 Views