Transportation loses 5,100 jobs in June
The transportation sector lost 5,100 jobs in June, dropping to 4,456,800 last month from 4,461,900 in May, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which reported that the highest gains were experienced in the “support activities for transportation” sector, which increased from 584,000 positions in May to 587,200 in June–a 3,200-job gain.
The greatest losses occurred in the transit and ground passenger sector, which decreased from 468,600 jobs in May to 462,900 jobs in June.
Read the full BLS report at bls.gov.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone621 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle425 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew179 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers130 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches110 Views