Transportation loses 5,100 jobs in June
The transportation sector lost 5,100 jobs in June, dropping to 4,456,800 last month from 4,461,900 in May, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which reported that the highest gains were experienced in the “support activities for transportation” sector, which increased from 584,000 positions in May to 587,200 in June–a 3,200-job gain.
The greatest losses occurred in the transit and ground passenger sector, which decreased from 468,600 jobs in May to 462,900 jobs in June.
Read the full BLS report at bls.gov.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs493 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger446 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources437 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities372 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register360 Views