Transportation loses 5,100 jobs in June
The transportation sector lost 5,100 jobs in June, dropping to 4,456,800 last month from 4,461,900 in May, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which reported that the highest gains were experienced in the “support activities for transportation” sector, which increased from 584,000 positions in May to 587,200 in June–a 3,200-job gain.
The greatest losses occurred in the transit and ground passenger sector, which decreased from 468,600 jobs in May to 462,900 jobs in June.
Read the full BLS report at bls.gov.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga402 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029337 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board231 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013201 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill152 Views