Transportation loses 5,100 jobs in June
The transportation sector lost 5,100 jobs in June, dropping to 4,456,800 last month from 4,461,900 in May, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which reported that the highest gains were experienced in the “support activities for transportation” sector, which increased from 584,000 positions in May to 587,200 in June–a 3,200-job gain.
The greatest losses occurred in the transit and ground passenger sector, which decreased from 468,600 jobs in May to 462,900 jobs in June.
Read the full BLS report at bls.gov.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs724 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs204 Views