Transportation loses 5,100 jobs in June
The transportation sector lost 5,100 jobs in June, dropping to 4,456,800 last month from 4,461,900 in May, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which reported that the highest gains were experienced in the “support activities for transportation” sector, which increased from 584,000 positions in May to 587,200 in June–a 3,200-job gain.
The greatest losses occurred in the transit and ground passenger sector, which decreased from 468,600 jobs in May to 462,900 jobs in June.
Read the full BLS report at bls.gov.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned468 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting459 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views