Trimble Introduces New Version of Its Construction Supply Fleet Management Solution for Ready Mix and Aggregate Hauling
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Trimble (Nasdaq: TRMB) introduced today its new TrimFleet™ 6 suite, an enhanced version of its productivity and automated fleet management solution for the construction supply market. TrimFleet is ideal for ready mix and aggregate hauling applications.
The announcement was made today at World of Concrete 2011, the concrete industry’s annual international event dedicated to the commercial concrete and masonry construction industries.
Trimble’s TrimFleet solution provides real-time vehicle location and automatic status information, driver to dispatcher communications, integration with leading dispatch and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions as well as real-time alerts and exception reporting. As an industry standard in construction asset management, the TrimFleet 6 suite provides additional functionality to maximize fleet productivity. New features include:
- Mini Maps: Provides separate ‘Mini Map’ functions to track the exact location of all vehicles on a high-priority order with map updates in real time, without user intervention.
- Single Sign-On: Eliminates administrative activities for managing multiple usernames and passwords by integrating in-house user authentication into the TrimView client office software.
- Transient Assets: Gives organizations the ability to share real-time asset visibility with other external TrimFleet customers with Trimble’s patent pending Transient Assets feature. Allows vehicle owners to share vehicle status and location data with contracted material producers using the TrimFleet suite. In addition, material producers can also share the same data with key customers to improve customer satisfaction and optimize on-job resources.
- E-Mail Alerts: Back-end TrimFleet applications such as TrimExchange and TrimViewDB can send e-mail alerts, including errors or issues, directly to customers and Trimble technical support to allow for maximum uptime of TrimFleet suite applications.
“The new TrimFleet 6 suite is the core component to Trimble’s next-generation business process automation solutions for the construction supply market,” said Glenn Bramer, director of Product Marketing and Management. “By enhancing the user experience and information delivery functionality, Trimble continues to set the standard in construction fleet automation.”
The TrimFleet 6 suite is available now through Trimble’s Construction Supply Division
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information, visit: http://www.trimble.com/.
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned527 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies503 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting462 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India282 Views