Truck catches fire at Illinois quarry, causes no injuries
A truck at Tuscola Stone quarry in Tuscola, Illinois, caught fire Wednesday morning, The News Gazette reported.
No one was reported injured.
At 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Firefighters from Arcola, Broadlands-Longview, Camargo, Tuscola and Villa Grove reported to a truck fire call at the quarry on U.S. 36 east of Tuscola.
Villa Grove Assistant Fire Chief Russ Elston said firefighters had the fire under control by 12:30 p.m. and left the scene by 2:30 p.m.
As of Wednesday evening, there was no estimated cost for damage to the truck.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest376 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?335 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training331 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections321 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company317 Views