Truck catches fire at Illinois quarry, causes no injuries
A truck at Tuscola Stone quarry in Tuscola, Illinois, caught fire Wednesday morning, The News Gazette reported.
No one was reported injured.
At 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Firefighters from Arcola, Broadlands-Longview, Camargo, Tuscola and Villa Grove reported to a truck fire call at the quarry on U.S. 36 east of Tuscola.
Villa Grove Assistant Fire Chief Russ Elston said firefighters had the fire under control by 12:30 p.m. and left the scene by 2:30 p.m.
As of Wednesday evening, there was no estimated cost for damage to the truck.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1026 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident497 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company469 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources382 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger313 Views