Truck catches fire at Illinois quarry, causes no injuries
A truck at Tuscola Stone quarry in Tuscola, Illinois, caught fire Wednesday morning, The News Gazette reported.
No one was reported injured.
At 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Firefighters from Arcola, Broadlands-Longview, Camargo, Tuscola and Villa Grove reported to a truck fire call at the quarry on U.S. 36 east of Tuscola.
Villa Grove Assistant Fire Chief Russ Elston said firefighters had the fire under control by 12:30 p.m. and left the scene by 2:30 p.m.
As of Wednesday evening, there was no estimated cost for damage to the truck.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1061 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts403 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration337 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry302 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt189 Views