Truck catches fire at Illinois quarry, causes no injuries
A truck at Tuscola Stone quarry in Tuscola, Illinois, caught fire Wednesday morning, The News Gazette reported.
No one was reported injured.
At 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Firefighters from Arcola, Broadlands-Longview, Camargo, Tuscola and Villa Grove reported to a truck fire call at the quarry on U.S. 36 east of Tuscola.
Villa Grove Assistant Fire Chief Russ Elston said firefighters had the fire under control by 12:30 p.m. and left the scene by 2:30 p.m.
As of Wednesday evening, there was no estimated cost for damage to the truck.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry645 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter426 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections272 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees236 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)235 Views