Truck catches fire at Illinois quarry, causes no injuries
A truck at Tuscola Stone quarry in Tuscola, Illinois, caught fire Wednesday morning, The News Gazette reported.
No one was reported injured.
At 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Firefighters from Arcola, Broadlands-Longview, Camargo, Tuscola and Villa Grove reported to a truck fire call at the quarry on U.S. 36 east of Tuscola.
Villa Grove Assistant Fire Chief Russ Elston said firefighters had the fire under control by 12:30 p.m. and left the scene by 2:30 p.m.
As of Wednesday evening, there was no estimated cost for damage to the truck.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1120 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1029 Views
- U.S. District Court agrees to expedite NSSGA's lawsuit against MSHA over POV rule378 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee297 Views
- Dolese Bros. open quarry after more than $20 million in upgrades215 Views