Truck sales tax repeal legislation introduced
Representative Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.) introduced H.R. 4321, legislation to repeal the retail sales excise tax on heavy trucks and replace the revenue with a small increase in the diesel fuel tax rate. The bill was cosponsored by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), according to an NTEA Insider report.
The bill has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee, of which Rep. Gerlach is a member.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest372 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement340 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training334 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company295 Views