Truck sales tax repeal legislation introduced
Representative Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.) introduced H.R. 4321, legislation to repeal the retail sales excise tax on heavy trucks and replace the revenue with a small increase in the diesel fuel tax rate. The bill was cosponsored by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), according to an NTEA Insider report.
The bill has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee, of which Rep. Gerlach is a member.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries294 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs209 Views