Truck sales tax repeal legislation introduced
Representative Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.) introduced H.R. 4321, legislation to repeal the retail sales excise tax on heavy trucks and replace the revenue with a small increase in the diesel fuel tax rate. The bill was cosponsored by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), according to an NTEA Insider report.
The bill has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee, of which Rep. Gerlach is a member.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1064 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April653 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry358 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration339 Views