Truck sales tax repeal legislation introduced
Representative Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.) introduced H.R. 4321, legislation to repeal the retail sales excise tax on heavy trucks and replace the revenue with a small increase in the diesel fuel tax rate. The bill was cosponsored by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), according to an NTEA Insider report.
The bill has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee, of which Rep. Gerlach is a member.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program617 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas415 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents299 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials240 Views