Truck sales tax repeal legislation introduced
Representative Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.) introduced H.R. 4321, legislation to repeal the retail sales excise tax on heavy trucks and replace the revenue with a small increase in the diesel fuel tax rate. The bill was cosponsored by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), according to an NTEA Insider report.
The bill has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee, of which Rep. Gerlach is a member.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs943 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company444 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident360 Views
- Quarry being converted into $20 million reservoir in Indiana217 Views
- House Majority Leader on gas tax increase: 'Let's think of something else'210 Views