Trucking, shipping groups align efforts to raise weight limit restrictions
Americans for Safe & Efficient Transportation (ASET) is joining the Coalition for Transportation Productivity (CTP) to marshal their efforts to raise heavy truck weight limits to 97,000 pounds through legislative action on Capitol Hill, the Journal of Commerce reports.
This brings about 40 new members to the CTP, according to the report.
With ASET in its fold, the CTP will have more than 160 shippers and allied associations as members, including manufacturers such as Archer Daniels Midland, Kraft Foods, Georgia Pacific, Owens Corning and American Gypsum.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1604 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention177 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village144 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views