Trucking, shipping groups align efforts to raise weight limit restrictions
Americans for Safe & Efficient Transportation (ASET) is joining the Coalition for Transportation Productivity (CTP) to marshal their efforts to raise heavy truck weight limits to 97,000 pounds through legislative action on Capitol Hill, the Journal of Commerce reports.
This brings about 40 new members to the CTP, according to the report.
With ASET in its fold, the CTP will have more than 160 shippers and allied associations as members, including manufacturers such as Archer Daniels Midland, Kraft Foods, Georgia Pacific, Owens Corning and American Gypsum.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)281 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee233 Views