Trucking, shipping groups align efforts to raise weight limit restrictions
Americans for Safe & Efficient Transportation (ASET) is joining the Coalition for Transportation Productivity (CTP) to marshal their efforts to raise heavy truck weight limits to 97,000 pounds through legislative action on Capitol Hill, the Journal of Commerce reports.
This brings about 40 new members to the CTP, according to the report.
With ASET in its fold, the CTP will have more than 160 shippers and allied associations as members, including manufacturers such as Archer Daniels Midland, Kraft Foods, Georgia Pacific, Owens Corning and American Gypsum.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1163 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program551 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents232 Views