Trucking, shipping groups align efforts to raise weight limit restrictions
Americans for Safe & Efficient Transportation (ASET) is joining the Coalition for Transportation Productivity (CTP) to marshal their efforts to raise heavy truck weight limits to 97,000 pounds through legislative action on Capitol Hill, the Journal of Commerce reports.
This brings about 40 new members to the CTP, according to the report.
With ASET in its fold, the CTP will have more than 160 shippers and allied associations as members, including manufacturers such as Archer Daniels Midland, Kraft Foods, Georgia Pacific, Owens Corning and American Gypsum.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1030 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company476 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources402 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger362 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident269 Views