Trucks carry 59.9% of trans-border freight in November
Trucks carried 59.9 percent of the $96.1 billion of freight moved in November between the United States and its North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) partners, Canada and Mexico, according to data released Wednesday from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS).
The data show that trucks carried 54.9 percent of the $52.8 billion of freight between Canada and the U.S., while 66.1 percent of the $43.3 billion of freight between Mexico and the U.S. was transported by trucks.
Other freight flows with Canada included 17.0 percent by rail, 11.5 percent by pipelines, 5.5 percent by vessel and 4.7 percent by air.
Total surface transportation carried 83.4 percent of all freight between the U.S. and Canada.
Freight flows with Mexico included 14.3 percent by rail, 13.3 percent by vessel, 3.1 percent by air and 0.7 percent by pipeline.
Total surface transportation carried 81.1 percent of total freight between the U.S. and Mexico.
The value of goods moving between the U.S. and its NAFTA partners via surface transportation increased by 1.3 percent over November 2012.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission173 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger141 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park138 Views