Two aggregate projects OK’d for Athabasca Minerals in Northern Alberta
Athabasca Minerals Inc. has received approval for two additional aggregate projects located in close to oil sands and infrastructure projects in Northern Alberta.
The Surface Mineral Leases granted are for the House River aggregate project located southwest of Fort McMurray in the Wood Buffalo region and Pelican Hill aggregate project in the Wabasca area north of Slave Lake.
The House River Aggregate Project will be a winter haul only operation, and is located 11 km east of highway 63. The location is ideally suited to supply aggregates for the Highway 63 twinning project.
The Pelican Hill Aggregate Project is located about 70 km southeast of the Hamlet of Wabasca, and will be suitable for a year round operation.
These additional aggregate projects will complement the existing aggregate operations at Susan Lake and Poplar Creek, and aggregate projects located at Kearl and Logan, according to Athabasca Minerals.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars320 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)285 Views
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)276 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees269 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter202 Views