Two aggregate projects OK’d for Athabasca Minerals in Northern Alberta
Athabasca Minerals Inc. has received approval for two additional aggregate projects located in close to oil sands and infrastructure projects in Northern Alberta.
The Surface Mineral Leases granted are for the House River aggregate project located southwest of Fort McMurray in the Wood Buffalo region and Pelican Hill aggregate project in the Wabasca area north of Slave Lake.
The House River Aggregate Project will be a winter haul only operation, and is located 11 km east of highway 63. The location is ideally suited to supply aggregates for the Highway 63 twinning project.
The Pelican Hill Aggregate Project is located about 70 km southeast of the Hamlet of Wabasca, and will be suitable for a year round operation.
These additional aggregate projects will complement the existing aggregate operations at Susan Lake and Poplar Creek, and aggregate projects located at Kearl and Logan, according to Athabasca Minerals.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151037 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1011 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production693 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views