Two aggregate projects OK’d for Athabasca Minerals in Northern Alberta
Athabasca Minerals Inc. has received approval for two additional aggregate projects located in close to oil sands and infrastructure projects in Northern Alberta.
The Surface Mineral Leases granted are for the House River aggregate project located southwest of Fort McMurray in the Wood Buffalo region and Pelican Hill aggregate project in the Wabasca area north of Slave Lake.
The House River Aggregate Project will be a winter haul only operation, and is located 11 km east of highway 63. The location is ideally suited to supply aggregates for the Highway 63 twinning project.
The Pelican Hill Aggregate Project is located about 70 km southeast of the Hamlet of Wabasca, and will be suitable for a year round operation.
These additional aggregate projects will complement the existing aggregate operations at Susan Lake and Poplar Creek, and aggregate projects located at Kearl and Logan, according to Athabasca Minerals.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs690 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity344 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries250 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views