Two aggregate projects OK’d for Athabasca Minerals in Northern Alberta
Athabasca Minerals Inc. has received approval for two additional aggregate projects located in close to oil sands and infrastructure projects in Northern Alberta.
The Surface Mineral Leases granted are for the House River aggregate project located southwest of Fort McMurray in the Wood Buffalo region and Pelican Hill aggregate project in the Wabasca area north of Slave Lake.
The House River Aggregate Project will be a winter haul only operation, and is located 11 km east of highway 63. The location is ideally suited to supply aggregates for the Highway 63 twinning project.
The Pelican Hill Aggregate Project is located about 70 km southeast of the Hamlet of Wabasca, and will be suitable for a year round operation.
These additional aggregate projects will complement the existing aggregate operations at Susan Lake and Poplar Creek, and aggregate projects located at Kearl and Logan, according to Athabasca Minerals.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...534 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views