Two aggregate projects OK’d for Athabasca Minerals in Northern Alberta
Athabasca Minerals Inc. has received approval for two additional aggregate projects located in close to oil sands and infrastructure projects in Northern Alberta.
The Surface Mineral Leases granted are for the House River aggregate project located southwest of Fort McMurray in the Wood Buffalo region and Pelican Hill aggregate project in the Wabasca area north of Slave Lake.
The House River Aggregate Project will be a winter haul only operation, and is located 11 km east of highway 63. The location is ideally suited to supply aggregates for the Highway 63 twinning project.
The Pelican Hill Aggregate Project is located about 70 km southeast of the Hamlet of Wabasca, and will be suitable for a year round operation.
These additional aggregate projects will complement the existing aggregate operations at Susan Lake and Poplar Creek, and aggregate projects located at Kearl and Logan, according to Athabasca Minerals.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations245 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers240 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show212 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs165 Views
- Powerscreen Trakpactor 320SR to launch at ConExpo-Con/Agg152 Views