Two dead, one charged in quarry drowning
Mihirtej Boddupalli, 21, and Sajaad Safiullah Syed, 21, are both dead following an accident at a Naperville, Ill. quarry. The young men were inside a vehicle near the quarry when the driver became reckless.
The vehicle ended up in the quarry, which is usually used for paddle boating. Both passengers drowned to death and the driver, Michael T. Szot, 21, has been charged with aggravated DUI involving death and reckless homicide. He is free on $25,000 bond awaiting his next court date Aug. 11.
A Naperville-based youth service organization is offering free counseling to anyone who has been affected by the tragedy.
“Tragedies like this sometimes build upon previous things that happened to us,” Clinical Director Margot Smith said. “You never know how things can affect you.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident347 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution185 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing185 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress156 Views