Two dead, one charged in quarry drowning
Mihirtej Boddupalli, 21, and Sajaad Safiullah Syed, 21, are both dead following an accident at a Naperville, Ill. quarry. The young men were inside a vehicle near the quarry when the driver became reckless.
The vehicle ended up in the quarry, which is usually used for paddle boating. Both passengers drowned to death and the driver, Michael T. Szot, 21, has been charged with aggravated DUI involving death and reckless homicide. He is free on $25,000 bond awaiting his next court date Aug. 11.
A Naperville-based youth service organization is offering free counseling to anyone who has been affected by the tragedy.
“Tragedies like this sometimes build upon previous things that happened to us,” Clinical Director Margot Smith said. “You never know how things can affect you.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher521 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks372 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident340 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution170 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views