Two industry reps to testify on importance of shale energy
Two industry representatives are scheduled to testify before the U.S. House of Representatives Natural Resources Subcommittee on Energy & Mineral Resources at a March 14 hearing, “America’s Onshore Energy Resources: Creating Jobs, Securing America, and Lowering Prices.”
According to a report from the Associated Equipment Distributors (AED), Whit Perryman, chief executive officer at Vermeer Equipment of Texas-Louisiana and 2013 vice president of AED’s board of directors, will testify on behalf of the association.
Don Shilling, president of General Equipment & Supplies and AED’s 2013 board senior vice president, will testify on behalf of the Energy Equipment and Infrastructure Alliance (EEIA).
According to AED, their remarks will highlight the growth their businesses have experienced because of shale energy development and underscore the need for states to take the lead in regulating this growing sector.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production752 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success624 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies492 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting456 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned417 Views