Two industry reps to testify on importance of shale energy
Two industry representatives are scheduled to testify before the U.S. House of Representatives Natural Resources Subcommittee on Energy & Mineral Resources at a March 14 hearing, “America’s Onshore Energy Resources: Creating Jobs, Securing America, and Lowering Prices.”
According to a report from the Associated Equipment Distributors (AED), Whit Perryman, chief executive officer at Vermeer Equipment of Texas-Louisiana and 2013 vice president of AED’s board of directors, will testify on behalf of the association.
Don Shilling, president of General Equipment & Supplies and AED’s 2013 board senior vice president, will testify on behalf of the Energy Equipment and Infrastructure Alliance (EEIA).
According to AED, their remarks will highlight the growth their businesses have experienced because of shale energy development and underscore the need for states to take the lead in regulating this growing sector.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs724 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs204 Views