Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia
Two men have been charged with two counts of arson following the April 27 discovery of two burned trucks belonging Jack’s Mountain Quarry near Union Hall, Virginia, The Franklin News Post reported.
Roger Lee Brown, 28, and Joseph Edward James, 34, are suspected of burning a 1999 Ford truck and a 2002 Ford truck that belonged to Jack’s Mountain Quarry.
The two men have been charged with damaging private property and entering the quarry property unlawfully.
Authorities said they found the two trucks about a half mile from the quarry on April 27 at 6 p.m. after responding to a vehicle fire call.
Lieutenant Justin Sigmon from the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office said the men likely drove the vehicles around a locked gate at the quarry onto Jack’s Mountain Road. He said the trucks got stuck about half a mile away, at which point it is believed that the suspects pulled over and set fire to the vehicles.
Investigators said the men may have also driven a skid loader within the quarry before leaving with the trucks.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park155 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views