U.S. DOT to expedite 3 highway projects
The Obama Administration Oct. 11 announced 14 infrastructure projects across the country that will be expedited through permitting and environmental review processes, to improve the efficiency of federal reviews needed to help job-creating projects move quickly to completion.
Three highway projects are under the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- Tappan Zee Bridge, New York: The project will replace a deficient bridge that is a critical link in the regional transportation network;
- Whittier Bridge, Massachusetts: The project on I-95 in Massachusetts will replace an existing bridge over the Merrimack River with a new multimodal bridge that will add lanes as well as bicycle and pedestrian lanes; and
- Provo Westside Connector, Utah: The Provo Westside Connector highway project in Utah will build a new arterial roadway between Provo Airport and I-15 to improve roadway system linkage in southwest Provo.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry606 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction490 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way392 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views