U.S. DOT to expedite 3 highway projects
The Obama Administration Oct. 11 announced 14 infrastructure projects across the country that will be expedited through permitting and environmental review processes, to improve the efficiency of federal reviews needed to help job-creating projects move quickly to completion.
Three highway projects are under the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- Tappan Zee Bridge, New York: The project will replace a deficient bridge that is a critical link in the regional transportation network;
- Whittier Bridge, Massachusetts: The project on I-95 in Massachusetts will replace an existing bridge over the Merrimack River with a new multimodal bridge that will add lanes as well as bicycle and pedestrian lanes; and
- Provo Westside Connector, Utah: The Provo Westside Connector highway project in Utah will build a new arterial roadway between Provo Airport and I-15 to improve roadway system linkage in southwest Provo.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2382 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home704 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...568 Views
- How to become a more productive worker311 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views