U.S. Department of Labor, mining community commemorating 40th anniversary of Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969
Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis, along with Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Joseph A. Main, will be among the key speakers at the 40th anniversary commemoration of the Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969 on Tuesday, March 23, at U.S. Department of Labor headquarters located at 200 Constitution Ave. NW in Washington.
The Coal Mine Act, which was signed into law on Dec. 30, 1969, was born out of a mining disaster that occurred in November 1968, when 78 miners died in an explosion at Consolidation Coal’s No. 9 mine in Farmington, W.Va. The law went into effect on March 30, 1970.
The event will take place in the department’s Great Hall. Other speakers will include representatives from Congress, the United Mine Workers of America and the National Mining Association.
What: Commemoration of 40th anniversary of the
Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969
WHEN: Tuesday, March 23
12:30 to 1:30 p.m. EDT
WHERE: U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave. NW
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views