‘U.S. needs long-term transportation investment, not short-term stimulus’
He said grassroots pressure from transportation design and construction professionals with their members of Congress is the key to generating the political will for final passage of a long-term bill before the end of 2011.
Among those participating in the event were: Antonio Villaraigosa, mayor, City of Los Angeles; Will Kempton, Mobility 21 chair and CEO, Orange County Transportation Authority; Andy Herrmann, president-elect, American Society of Civil Engineers; and Rick Blasgen, president & CEO, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve521 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry249 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature212 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky209 Views
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting189 Views