United Rentals acquires Coble Trench Safety assets
United Rentals Inc. on Feb. 15 acquired the assets of specialty rental company Coble Trench Safety, which has 11 locations in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast region.
“We are delighted to expand our trench safety rentals business through the acquisition of Coble Trench Safety,” Paul McDonnell, senior vice president – Operation, Trench, Power & HVAC for United Rentals, said in a written statement. “We’re attracted to Coble’s mix of government and industrial customers with very little branch overlap in strong markets. We were looking forward to working with Tom Coble, and were deeply saddened by his sudden and tragic passing. He was instrumental in developing innovative new technologies and customer safety training programs in support of the underground construction Industry. Tom was a pioneer in the industry and we intend to build on his legacy.”
With the acquisition, United Rentals’ trench presence grows to 93 locations in 28 states and Canada.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry342 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers263 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes221 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors198 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views