USGS director stepping down
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Director Marcia McNutt will be stepping down, effective Feb. 15, according to a National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) report.
McNutt announced her departure from USGS on Jan. 14. The departure is timed to follow the launch of the Landsat 8 satellite on Feb. 11, she told organization employees, according to the NSSGA.
USGS Deputy Director Suzette Kimball will become acting director and associate director for water and Bill Werkheiser will become the acting deputy director, according to the report. No time-frame has been named for announcing a new permanent director.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill429 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers414 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg323 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products182 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award181 Views