Vehicle Scale Innovations for the Aggregates Industry
The VTC221 (concrete deck) and the VTS231 (steel deck) are the latest editions to the METTLER TOLEDO vehicle scale portfolio. With concentrated load capacities (CLC) of 100,000 lbs, Gross Load Cell Capacity of over 800,000 lbs, and real world life cycle testing of over 2 million load cycles, these scales have been designed, tested, built and proven to meet the demanding needs of the aggregates industry. In addition, the VTC221 and VTS231 incorporate the newly released POWERCELL® PDX® load cell network.
VTC221 is the strongest concrete scale on the market today. It combines a concrete driving surface with a robust orthotropic understructure similar to those used in METTLER TOLEDO’s steel deck truck scales. This composite design draws upon the strengths of both concrete and steel to produce an exceptionally rugged long-lasting structure.
VTS231 sets the industry standard for steel deck truck scales and is the ideal choice for a wide variety of weighing applications. The steel deck is supported by sealed orthotropic ribs, which eliminates the potential for rusting from the inside, and distributes concentrated loads better than I-beam designs.
Both of these exciting new models provide the following important features for customers in the aggregates industry:
- Low profile design to address MSHA Side Rail Compliance requirements
- Industry leading CLC ratings and load cell capacity
- Onboard diagnostic capability to reduce downtime
- Unmatched lightning protection
- Industry’s most comprehensive 5 year warranty which includes; parts, labor and travel
- Lowest total cost of ownership
The VTC221 and VTS231 use the POWERCELL PDX load cell network—a revolutionary new technology that eliminates the typical maintenance, repair costs and downtime related to conventional analog vehicle scales. More importantly, this new product will help customers in any industry prevent unnecessary and potentially substantial profit losses that may result from the use of analog, digital or hydraulic load cell truck scales.
The new POWERCELL PDX load cell is the first digital load cell of its kind to feature a network with absolutely no junction boxes; the most common source of scale failure. The new POWERCELL PDX load cell takes reliability to a new level by including predictive diagnostics to keep users continuously informed of their scale’s performance. This includes: automatic notification of weighing errors, overloading, environmental conditions, network health, load cell voltages and enclosure integrity without the need for maintenance-prone external converter boxes.
Benefits of POWERCELL PDX
- Complete protection against lightning strikes
- Highest weighing accuracy
- Simplified communication
- Unmatched value
About METTLER TOLEDO
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of vehicle scales, and is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications. METTLER TOLEDO provides weighing solutions that help customers by reducing their Total Cost of Ownership, automating processes, increasing yields, controlling product quality, and complying with industry standards and regulations.
Additional information about METTLER TOLEDO can be found on the website www.mt.com/us.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views