VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over
There’s very little context for this video, but when it starts the machine already has one track dangling over the edge of the bench as crumbs of dirt trickle from the side to the level below. It seems like the slightest movement could ruin this crew’s day. And just about the time you start to think about how this operator could possibly get out of this jam, the bench gives away and the excavator topples over.
Luckily, no one appears to be hurt by the collapse since the operator either hops out when the guy with the camera rushes to the machine, or he had hopped out before filming had started at all. What we want to hear from you is how this machine got into this situation in the first place.
Give us your theories in the comments below.
Editor’s note: This article was originally written by Wayne Grayson, Online Managing Editor of Equipment World.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger341 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)312 Views