VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over
There’s very little context for this video, but when it starts the machine already has one track dangling over the edge of the bench as crumbs of dirt trickle from the side to the level below. It seems like the slightest movement could ruin this crew’s day. And just about the time you start to think about how this operator could possibly get out of this jam, the bench gives away and the excavator topples over.
Luckily, no one appears to be hurt by the collapse since the operator either hops out when the guy with the camera rushes to the machine, or he had hopped out before filming had started at all. What we want to hear from you is how this machine got into this situation in the first place.
Give us your theories in the comments below.
Editor’s note: This article was originally written by Wayne Grayson, Online Managing Editor of Equipment World.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs718 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries284 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law222 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding217 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs202 Views