VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over
There’s very little context for this video, but when it starts the machine already has one track dangling over the edge of the bench as crumbs of dirt trickle from the side to the level below. It seems like the slightest movement could ruin this crew’s day. And just about the time you start to think about how this operator could possibly get out of this jam, the bench gives away and the excavator topples over.
Luckily, no one appears to be hurt by the collapse since the operator either hops out when the guy with the camera rushes to the machine, or he had hopped out before filming had started at all. What we want to hear from you is how this machine got into this situation in the first place.
Give us your theories in the comments below.
Editor’s note: This article was originally written by Wayne Grayson, Online Managing Editor of Equipment World.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]494 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine239 Views