VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga
In a short film in its new “Built For It” series, Cat highlights five equipment operators facing off in a super-sized Jenga game. The catch? Eight tons of wooden blocks were moved using M316D, 320E, and 349E excavators, TH514C telehandler, and 277D multi-terrain loader.
Shot in an arena larger than two regulation-sized football fields, a total of 12 cameras captured 28 hours of game time and boiled the results down to a 2.5-minute video. As in the table-top version of the game, players removed pieces from the center and bottom of the block pile.
To ensure the blocks would slide during the game, the crew sprinkled them with the same wax used on shuffleboard tables to allow the pucks to slide. In fact, the crew purchased every can of wax in a 40-mile radius of the film set.
Enjoy the results in the video, but don’t try this at home. These operators have a total of 121 years of experience and are clearly Jenga aficionados.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars338 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)289 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees261 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter204 Views
- Quarrying in the late 1800s was backbreaking work182 Views