VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga
In a short film in its new “Built For It” series, Cat highlights five equipment operators facing off in a super-sized Jenga game. The catch? Eight tons of wooden blocks were moved using M316D, 320E, and 349E excavators, TH514C telehandler, and 277D multi-terrain loader.
Shot in an arena larger than two regulation-sized football fields, a total of 12 cameras captured 28 hours of game time and boiled the results down to a 2.5-minute video. As in the table-top version of the game, players removed pieces from the center and bottom of the block pile.
To ensure the blocks would slide during the game, the crew sprinkled them with the same wax used on shuffleboard tables to allow the pucks to slide. In fact, the crew purchased every can of wax in a 40-mile radius of the film set.
Enjoy the results in the video, but don’t try this at home. These operators have a total of 121 years of experience and are clearly Jenga aficionados.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry740 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets552 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY137 Views