VIDEO: Operator maneuvers Cat mini excavator through confined China shop without breaking anything
While Caterpillar hit viral video status with a video focusing on a massive game of Jenga, its latest Built For It Trials video centers on one of the most impressive displays of operator skill we’ve seen.
In it, Ryan Neal, a senior demonstrator instructor at Cat, hops into a 301.7 CR mini excavator and drives into the extremely tight confines of a China shop Cat built for the video.
Designed to put the machine’s agility and the precision of its controls to the test, Cat made the shop’s aisles a bit smaller than they would be in most stores and then filled it with $40,000 worth of valuable glassware—much of it on loan.
For what it’s worth, Caterpillar was confident enough in the machine and Neal’s skill to film the challenge in a real China shop but the two it approached turned them down.
The aisles only give Neal about a half-inch of room on either side of the machine and there are several close calls as Neal carefully moves the machine and bucket through the delicate space, setting up for an extremely precise maneuver at the end: finishing a pyramid of champagne glasses by placing the final glass on top using the excavator’s bucket.
Check out the video below.
Editor’s note: Wayne Grayson is the online editor for sister site Equipment World.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)417 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars346 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)290 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees273 Views
- Texas town buys quarry land to eventually shut it down and keep the neighborhood quiet205 Views