VIDEO: Quarry Quest to feature first-ever sand sculpting contest
The Quarry Quest website states that the event’s goal is “educating families in geology and construction with the proceeds benefiting local children’s charities.”
Quarry Quest includes family-friendly activities such as working the controls on cranes, loaders and backhoes; boom lift rides; concrete production demonstrations; brick-and-mortar wall construction; treasure hunts; jewelry crafting; mining for pyrite; and more.
This year’s Quarry Quest will also feature the event’s first-ever sand sculpting contest from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. The contest has a sports theme, and each team that participates will receive $300 to donate to the non-profit organization of its choice. Additional prizes will also be awarded: first place will win $300, second place will win $200 and third place will win $100.
The cost to attend is $6 for children and $8 for adults at the gate, or $4 for children and $6 for adults who pre-order. Children ages 2 and under attend free of charge.
For more information about the 2013 Quarry Quest, watch the video below or visit quarryquest.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger353 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)317 Views