VIDEO: Quarry Quest to feature first-ever sand sculpting contest
The Quarry Quest website states that the event’s goal is “educating families in geology and construction with the proceeds benefiting local children’s charities.”
Quarry Quest includes family-friendly activities such as working the controls on cranes, loaders and backhoes; boom lift rides; concrete production demonstrations; brick-and-mortar wall construction; treasure hunts; jewelry crafting; mining for pyrite; and more.
This year’s Quarry Quest will also feature the event’s first-ever sand sculpting contest from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. The contest has a sports theme, and each team that participates will receive $300 to donate to the non-profit organization of its choice. Additional prizes will also be awarded: first place will win $300, second place will win $200 and third place will win $100.
The cost to attend is $6 for children and $8 for adults at the gate, or $4 for children and $6 for adults who pre-order. Children ages 2 and under attend free of charge.
For more information about the 2013 Quarry Quest, watch the video below or visit quarryquest.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill432 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers419 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg328 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products200 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views