VIDEO: Volvo features pint-sized equipment in action
At ConExpo-Con/Agg earlier this year, Volvo Construction Equipment announced that it was teaming up with Lego to create working models of two of its machines: the wheel loader and the haul truck. The collaboration marks Volvo’s 60th anniversary of the wheel loader, and kits are expected to be available later this year.
The models drew quite a bit of media attention during the big show in Las Vegas, and at Hillhead, Volvo took the initiative one more step with working models on display.
The remote-controlled toys were featured in a loader bucket full of gray Legos, which simulated rock in an aggregates operation. Two operators moved the machines around the ‘work zone.’ While the full-sized equipment on display at Hillhead certainly drew crowds, these miniatures seemed to draw plenty of attendees to the Volvo’s stand as well.
When it comes to marketing savvy, this partnership goes well beyond child’s play.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets536 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either278 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year249 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views