VIDEO: Volvo features pint-sized equipment in action
At ConExpo-Con/Agg earlier this year, Volvo Construction Equipment announced that it was teaming up with Lego to create working models of two of its machines: the wheel loader and the haul truck. The collaboration marks Volvo’s 60th anniversary of the wheel loader, and kits are expected to be available later this year.
The models drew quite a bit of media attention during the big show in Las Vegas, and at Hillhead, Volvo took the initiative one more step with working models on display.
The remote-controlled toys were featured in a loader bucket full of gray Legos, which simulated rock in an aggregates operation. Two operators moved the machines around the ‘work zone.’ While the full-sized equipment on display at Hillhead certainly drew crowds, these miniatures seemed to draw plenty of attendees to the Volvo’s stand as well.
When it comes to marketing savvy, this partnership goes well beyond child’s play.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person457 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger376 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks360 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)339 Views