VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up
This is probably one of the craziest and most dangerous demolition videos we’ve come across yet. According to the YouTube uploader, this all took place in 2008 just outside his living room window in Beijing, China.
A crew is demolishing a building in the heart of the city when a column doesn’t quite fall the way it’s supposed to. The column is hanging onto the side of the building by a thread and to cut it loose, one of the workers actually hops on top of an excavator hammer which the dangles him over the side of the building to the column—all at what looks to be a height of 100 feet or more. To his credit, at least it looks like he was tethered to the machine in some way?
Most dangerous thing you’ve seen? Or have you seen crazier? Let us know in the comments.
This post was written by Wayne Grayson, Online Managing Editor of Equipment World.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger453 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources442 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities401 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company376 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register369 Views