VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up
This is probably one of the craziest and most dangerous demolition videos we’ve come across yet. According to the YouTube uploader, this all took place in 2008 just outside his living room window in Beijing, China.
A crew is demolishing a building in the heart of the city when a column doesn’t quite fall the way it’s supposed to. The column is hanging onto the side of the building by a thread and to cut it loose, one of the workers actually hops on top of an excavator hammer which the dangles him over the side of the building to the column—all at what looks to be a height of 100 feet or more. To his credit, at least it looks like he was tethered to the machine in some way?
Most dangerous thing you’ve seen? Or have you seen crazier? Let us know in the comments.
This post was written by Wayne Grayson, Online Managing Editor of Equipment World.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger354 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)315 Views