Volvo celebrates Shippensburg plant expansion with commemorative L60G loader
Our sister publication, Equipment World, reported that on Thursday Volvo celebrated its $100 million plant expansion in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. At the celebration, the company unveiled a commemorative L60G wheel loader with an American flag on one side and a Canadian flag on the other, shown in the video below.
Volvo said the Shippensburg plant will produce its L60, L70 and L90 loaders, as well as perform machine rebuilds. The company will also make excavators and articulated haulers at the plant, but Volvo has not yet determined the timing for those machines.
The plant expansion includes a 36,000-square-foot Americas headquarters building and a customer center set to open in 2014.
At the ceremony, Volvo also announced it has moved paver production to its facility in Letterkenny, Pennsylvania. Other announcements included the inauguration of the company’s excavator plant in Russia, plans for a backhoe plant in India and the movement of its Americas backhoe production to Brazil.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February357 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand128 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views