Volvo celebrates Shippensburg plant expansion with commemorative L60G loader
Our sister publication, Equipment World, reported that on Thursday Volvo celebrated its $100 million plant expansion in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. At the celebration, the company unveiled a commemorative L60G wheel loader with an American flag on one side and a Canadian flag on the other, shown in the video below.
Volvo said the Shippensburg plant will produce its L60, L70 and L90 loaders, as well as perform machine rebuilds. The company will also make excavators and articulated haulers at the plant, but Volvo has not yet determined the timing for those machines.
The plant expansion includes a 36,000-square-foot Americas headquarters building and a customer center set to open in 2014.
At the ceremony, Volvo also announced it has moved paver production to its facility in Letterkenny, Pennsylvania. Other announcements included the inauguration of the company’s excavator plant in Russia, plans for a backhoe plant in India and the movement of its Americas backhoe production to Brazil.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program585 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas360 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents279 Views