Volvo celebrates Shippensburg plant expansion with commemorative L60G loader
Our sister publication, Equipment World, reported that on Thursday Volvo celebrated its $100 million plant expansion in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. At the celebration, the company unveiled a commemorative L60G wheel loader with an American flag on one side and a Canadian flag on the other, shown in the video below.
Volvo said the Shippensburg plant will produce its L60, L70 and L90 loaders, as well as perform machine rebuilds. The company will also make excavators and articulated haulers at the plant, but Volvo has not yet determined the timing for those machines.
The plant expansion includes a 36,000-square-foot Americas headquarters building and a customer center set to open in 2014.
At the ceremony, Volvo also announced it has moved paver production to its facility in Letterkenny, Pennsylvania. Other announcements included the inauguration of the company’s excavator plant in Russia, plans for a backhoe plant in India and the movement of its Americas backhoe production to Brazil.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger456 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources444 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities403 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company383 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views