Volvo Group donates $100,000 to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts
The Volvo Group says it will contribute $100,000 in support of Hurricane Sandy disaster relief efforts by the American Red Cross, the City of New York, and the City of Allentown, Pa.
“With several major facilities and thousands of employees in regions affected by the storm, we’re keenly aware of the lingering effects of this disaster,” said Dennis Slagle, Volvo Group executive vice president for Trucks Sales & Marketing Americas, in a press release. “While the headlines are tapering off, the hard work of recovery is very much ongoing, and we want to do our part.”
The Volvo Group is donating $50,000 to the American Red Cross, $25,000 to the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City and $25,000 to the City of Allentown, Pa.
The New York City donation will help meet immediate needs for food, water and supplies and support long-term relief and restoration projects. Allentown will use the donation to replace the severely damaged roof of the Mack South Fire Station.
MORE FROM Manufacturer and People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views