Volvo launches Operator Safety Vest campaign
Volvo Construction Equipment launched Operator Safety Vest — its latest safety campaign — in a bid to reduce worksite injuries at this year’s Bauma.
The conference is currently going on in Munich, Germany.
Through the campaign, the company issue thousands of Volvo-branded high-visibility jackets globally throughout the coming months, distributed via the company’s customer magazine, Volvo Spirit.
“Despite significant improvements over recent decades in machine safety, there are still far too many construction related injuries and deaths each year,” Volvo President and CEO Olof Persson said during the company’s press conference at the trade show.
“Product safety is only part of the safety solution – operators and those around machines also have an important role to play in reducing these personal tragedies,” he continued. “A safety mindset starts with wearing the right protective equipment.”
This latest initiative follows the company’s 2006 Safety For You campaign, which saw high quality distinctive blue Volvo-designed hard hats distributed with every new machine sold.
Volvo says the campaign was a success, with more than20,000 hard hats delivered, winning the campaign a nomination for a European Excellence Award.
From our partners
MORE FROM Uncategorized
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views