Volvo launches Operator Safety Vest campaign
Volvo Construction Equipment launched Operator Safety Vest — its latest safety campaign — in a bid to reduce worksite injuries at this year’s Bauma.
The conference is currently going on in Munich, Germany.
Through the campaign, the company issue thousands of Volvo-branded high-visibility jackets globally throughout the coming months, distributed via the company’s customer magazine, Volvo Spirit.
“Despite significant improvements over recent decades in machine safety, there are still far too many construction related injuries and deaths each year,” Volvo President and CEO Olof Persson said during the company’s press conference at the trade show.
“Product safety is only part of the safety solution – operators and those around machines also have an important role to play in reducing these personal tragedies,” he continued. “A safety mindset starts with wearing the right protective equipment.”
This latest initiative follows the company’s 2006 Safety For You campaign, which saw high quality distinctive blue Volvo-designed hard hats distributed with every new machine sold.
Volvo says the campaign was a success, with more than20,000 hard hats delivered, winning the campaign a nomination for a European Excellence Award.
MORE FROM Uncategorized
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned506 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies497 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India280 Views