Volvo launches Operator Safety Vest campaign
Volvo Construction Equipment launched Operator Safety Vest — its latest safety campaign — in a bid to reduce worksite injuries at this year’s Bauma.
The conference is currently going on in Munich, Germany.
Through the campaign, the company issue thousands of Volvo-branded high-visibility jackets globally throughout the coming months, distributed via the company’s customer magazine, Volvo Spirit.
“Despite significant improvements over recent decades in machine safety, there are still far too many construction related injuries and deaths each year,” Volvo President and CEO Olof Persson said during the company’s press conference at the trade show.
“Product safety is only part of the safety solution – operators and those around machines also have an important role to play in reducing these personal tragedies,” he continued. “A safety mindset starts with wearing the right protective equipment.”
This latest initiative follows the company’s 2006 Safety For You campaign, which saw high quality distinctive blue Volvo-designed hard hats distributed with every new machine sold.
Volvo says the campaign was a success, with more than20,000 hard hats delivered, winning the campaign a nomination for a European Excellence Award.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Uncategorized
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person978 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger394 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)344 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration241 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger239 Views