Volvo names Leo Hawkes president of Americas Region
Volvo Financial Services appointed Leo Hawkes as president of its Americas Region operations, with responsibility for the North America, Latin America and South Africa markets.
Hawkes has been with Volvo Financial Services since 2001 and has more than 26 years in financial management experience.
He replaces Martin Weissburg, who has been appointed president of Volvo Financial Services global operations.
“It is an exciting time to lead the Volvo Financial Services Region the Americas team, as we emerge from an economic downturn into a future of market stability and prosper,” Hawkes notes in a written statement. “I look forward to building on the success of the Volvo Financial Services organization, and continuing to support our Mack and Volvo brand manufacturers, dealers and customers.”
Hawkes has been with Volvo Financial Services since 2001. His last position was chief financial officer for the Americas. Prior to joining Volvo Financial Services, Hawkes held various executive positions with General Electric, W.W. Grainger, Inc. and other companies.
In his new position, Hawkes will be located in Volvo Financial Services Greensboro, N.C. headquarters and report to Martin Weissburg.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned535 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies505 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting463 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India284 Views