Volvo Rents acquires Aerial Platform Experts
Volvo Rents, a worldwide provider of small- to medium-sized construction equipment, announces the expansion of its operations into Iowa with the acquisition of Aerial Platform Experts, a single-location construction equipment rental company located at 3140 West 73rd Street in Davenport, Iowa.
The move comes as U.S. builders continue to increase their spending on construction projects for a second consecutive month, says Volvo Rents.
According to the latest data released by the Commerce Department, construction spending rose 0.3 percent in April, matching a March gain, thanks in part to a pickup in home construction and commercial projects.
It also comes on the heels of a new study by the Associated General Contractors of America that lists Iowa No. 4 in percentage growth of construction jobs for the 12 months ending in February.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car198 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole147 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges129 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand125 Views