Volvo Rents acquires Aerial Platform Experts
Volvo Rents, a worldwide provider of small- to medium-sized construction equipment, announces the expansion of its operations into Iowa with the acquisition of Aerial Platform Experts, a single-location construction equipment rental company located at 3140 West 73rd Street in Davenport, Iowa.
The move comes as U.S. builders continue to increase their spending on construction projects for a second consecutive month, says Volvo Rents.
According to the latest data released by the Commerce Department, construction spending rose 0.3 percent in April, matching a March gain, thanks in part to a pickup in home construction and commercial projects.
It also comes on the heels of a new study by the Associated General Contractors of America that lists Iowa No. 4 in percentage growth of construction jobs for the 12 months ending in February.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views