Volvo Rents acquires Aerial Platform Experts
Volvo Rents, a worldwide provider of small- to medium-sized construction equipment, announces the expansion of its operations into Iowa with the acquisition of Aerial Platform Experts, a single-location construction equipment rental company located at 3140 West 73rd Street in Davenport, Iowa.
The move comes as U.S. builders continue to increase their spending on construction projects for a second consecutive month, says Volvo Rents.
According to the latest data released by the Commerce Department, construction spending rose 0.3 percent in April, matching a March gain, thanks in part to a pickup in home construction and commercial projects.
It also comes on the heels of a new study by the Associated General Contractors of America that lists Iowa No. 4 in percentage growth of construction jobs for the 12 months ending in February.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Four major California areas expected to deplete aggregate supply in next 10 years741 Views
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader512 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: June 17, 2013129 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska117 Views
- Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit117 Views