Volvo Rents acquires Big L Rentals and Sales
Volvo Rents has acquired Big L Rentals and Sales, a single-location construction equipment rental company in Garden City, Kansas.
The move is part of the company’s surge of 27 acquisitions since the beginning of the year, lifting its North American total to more than 100 stores.
“We believe there is tremendous opportunity in the market in general, and specifically in the state of Kansas,” said Mike Crouch, vice president of business development for Volvo Rents, in a written statement.
The company has two other two stores in Wichita and Pittsburg, Kansas.
According to the latest data released by the American Rental Association (ARA), the equipment rental industry outperformed the industries it serves in 2011 and the momentum is expected to carry into 2012 and beyond.
ARA expects overall North American equipment rental industry revenue to increase at least 6.9 percent in 2012 to total $33.5 billion at year end. The five-year forecast calls for continued annual growth in rental revenue to reach a total of $53.1 billion by 2016.
In addition to Volvo Rents’ expanding line of Volvo compact equipment – such as backhoe and skid steer loaders, compact wheel loaders, compact excavators and compaction equipment – the more than 7,000-square-foot rental center carries a comprehensive line of essential equipment and tools for the construction, commercial, industrial and homeowner markets. The focus is on daily, weekly and monthly rentals.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151560 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151034 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1008 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production680 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views