Volvo Rents acquires Big L Rentals and Sales
Volvo Rents has acquired Big L Rentals and Sales, a single-location construction equipment rental company in Garden City, Kansas.
The move is part of the company’s surge of 27 acquisitions since the beginning of the year, lifting its North American total to more than 100 stores.
“We believe there is tremendous opportunity in the market in general, and specifically in the state of Kansas,” said Mike Crouch, vice president of business development for Volvo Rents, in a written statement.
The company has two other two stores in Wichita and Pittsburg, Kansas.
According to the latest data released by the American Rental Association (ARA), the equipment rental industry outperformed the industries it serves in 2011 and the momentum is expected to carry into 2012 and beyond.
ARA expects overall North American equipment rental industry revenue to increase at least 6.9 percent in 2012 to total $33.5 billion at year end. The five-year forecast calls for continued annual growth in rental revenue to reach a total of $53.1 billion by 2016.
In addition to Volvo Rents’ expanding line of Volvo compact equipment – such as backhoe and skid steer loaders, compact wheel loaders, compact excavators and compaction equipment – the more than 7,000-square-foot rental center carries a comprehensive line of essential equipment and tools for the construction, commercial, industrial and homeowner markets. The focus is on daily, weekly and monthly rentals.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park161 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule119 Views