Volvo Rents acquires Gulf South Machinery of Mississippi
Volvo Rents announces the acquisition of Gulf South Machinery of Mississippi, a two-location construction equipment rental company with stores in Hattiesburg and Gulfport.
The centers are located at 45 Blackwell Blvd. and 14411 Creosote Dr., respectively.
Anchored by an increase in local construction spending that is projected to total more than $1.5 billion in Hattiesburg and nearly $3 billion in Gulfport between 2012 and 2016, Volvo Rents says it is looking to grab a bigger piece of the construction equipment rental pie that is currently up for grabs in various parts of Mississippi. To capitalize on the economic upturn, Volvo Rents is embarking on a new course, where it will not only operate a franchise network of rental stores, but also manage and grow a network of company-owned stores.
“The employees and rental team at both centers have remained committed to providing outstanding customer service and assembling an excellent team that is fully committed to providing a VIP customer experience,” said Mike Crouch, vice president of business development for Volvo Rents. “The Hattiesburg and Gulfport teams will remain an integral part of our expansion in Mississippi.”
In addition to Volvo Rents’ expanding line of Volvo compact equipment – such as backhoe and skid steer loaders, compact wheel loaders, compact excavators and compaction equipment – the rental centers carry a comprehensive line of essential equipment and tools for the construction, commercial, industrial and homeowner markets. The focus is on daily, weekly and monthly rentals.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant514 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March380 Views
- FTC approves Holcim-Lafarge merger after companies agree to divest assets310 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call279 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania271 Views