Memorial Day-themed truck pays tribute to U.S. armed forces
Volvo is honoring military service members with a Memorial Day-themed truck.
The company has adorned a VNL 670 with graphics representing U.S. armed forces, with much of the design paying tribute to prisoners of war and those missing in action.
The truck is designed every year by the UAW Local 2069 Veteran Committee and employees at Volvo’s New River Valley assembly plant in Dublin, Virginia.
The design process for the 2014 Ride for Freedom truck focused on “creating a visual to provoke thought and reflection, educate the public and incorporate a healing aspect,” the company said in a press release.
The truck will join about 175 motorcycles and travel from the New River Valley assembly plant to the U.S. Capitol over the holiday weekend.
Check out the photo below to see a detailed image of the truck’s design.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone620 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle427 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew183 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers131 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines108 Views