Memorial Day-themed truck pays tribute to U.S. armed forces
Volvo is honoring military service members with a Memorial Day-themed truck.
The company has adorned a VNL 670 with graphics representing U.S. armed forces, with much of the design paying tribute to prisoners of war and those missing in action.
The truck is designed every year by the UAW Local 2069 Veteran Committee and employees at Volvo’s New River Valley assembly plant in Dublin, Virginia.
The design process for the 2014 Ride for Freedom truck focused on “creating a visual to provoke thought and reflection, educate the public and incorporate a healing aspect,” the company said in a press release.
The truck will join about 175 motorcycles and travel from the New River Valley assembly plant to the U.S. Capitol over the holiday weekend.
Check out the photo below to see a detailed image of the truck’s design.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1149 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1045 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program475 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- U.S. Aggregates set to reopen quarry in Indiana192 Views