Memorial Day-themed truck pays tribute to U.S. armed forces
Volvo is honoring military service members with a Memorial Day-themed truck.
The company has adorned a VNL 670 with graphics representing U.S. armed forces, with much of the design paying tribute to prisoners of war and those missing in action.
The truck is designed every year by the UAW Local 2069 Veteran Committee and employees at Volvo’s New River Valley assembly plant in Dublin, Virginia.
The design process for the 2014 Ride for Freedom truck focused on “creating a visual to provoke thought and reflection, educate the public and incorporate a healing aspect,” the company said in a press release.
The truck will join about 175 motorcycles and travel from the New River Valley assembly plant to the U.S. Capitol over the holiday weekend.
Check out the photo below to see a detailed image of the truck’s design.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher497 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks364 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident344 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution174 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing165 Views