Memorial Day-themed truck pays tribute to U.S. armed forces
Volvo is honoring military service members with a Memorial Day-themed truck.
The company has adorned a VNL 670 with graphics representing U.S. armed forces, with much of the design paying tribute to prisoners of war and those missing in action.
The truck is designed every year by the UAW Local 2069 Veteran Committee and employees at Volvo’s New River Valley assembly plant in Dublin, Virginia.
The design process for the 2014 Ride for Freedom truck focused on “creating a visual to provoke thought and reflection, educate the public and incorporate a healing aspect,” the company said in a press release.
The truck will join about 175 motorcycles and travel from the New River Valley assembly plant to the U.S. Capitol over the holiday weekend.
Check out the photo below to see a detailed image of the truck’s design.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person953 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger394 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)343 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger238 Views