Volvo truck unit reports first quarter profit
Volvo AB’s truck unit posted a profit in the first quarter 2010. The unit’s operating income totaled $200,000 for the quarter, compared with a loss of $334,000 last year.
North American truck sales rose by 6 percent and increased by 6,040 units over the year. The company’s South American sales increased 92 percent, and sales in Europe fell by 18 percent. Worldwide sales fell by 2 percent.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher509 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks372 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident326 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views
- 10-year-old boy falls 30 feet into NY quarry140 Views