Volvo truck unit reports first quarter profit
Volvo AB’s truck unit posted a profit in the first quarter 2010. The unit’s operating income totaled $200,000 for the quarter, compared with a loss of $334,000 last year.
North American truck sales rose by 6 percent and increased by 6,040 units over the year. The company’s South American sales increased 92 percent, and sales in Europe fell by 18 percent. Worldwide sales fell by 2 percent.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February446 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again320 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)172 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views