Volvo truck unit reports first quarter profit
Volvo AB’s truck unit posted a profit in the first quarter 2010. The unit’s operating income totaled $200,000 for the quarter, compared with a loss of $334,000 last year.
North American truck sales rose by 6 percent and increased by 6,040 units over the year. The company’s South American sales increased 92 percent, and sales in Europe fell by 18 percent. Worldwide sales fell by 2 percent.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1086 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation363 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement324 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training300 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta262 Views