Volvo truck unit reports first quarter profit
Volvo AB’s truck unit posted a profit in the first quarter 2010. The unit’s operating income totaled $200,000 for the quarter, compared with a loss of $334,000 last year.
North American truck sales rose by 6 percent and increased by 6,040 units over the year. The company’s South American sales increased 92 percent, and sales in Europe fell by 18 percent. Worldwide sales fell by 2 percent.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3136 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.923 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured concrete298 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies287 Views
- How to become a more productive worker277 Views