Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg president of North American sales and marketing
Volvo Trucks appointed Göran Nyberg as president of North American sales and marketing, effective Oct. 1, 2012.
Nyberg will be responsible Volvo brand’s commercial truck activities in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Nyberg has more than 20 years of industry experience and has been with the Volvo Group since 2003. He has served in several senior management, distribution and sales positions around the world, and was most recently the managing director for Volvo Group UK Limited, the Volvo Trucks sales & marketing division in the United Kingdom.
Nyberg will be based at the company’s North American headquarters in Greensboro, N.C.
Nyberg will report to Dennis Slagle, Volvo Group executive vice president for Trucks Sales & Marketing Americas. He succeeds Ron Huibers, who was recently appointed president of Volvo Penta Americas.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga404 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029338 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board242 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013202 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill152 Views