Volvo Trucks, UAW agree on 5-year contract
Volvo Trucks North America employees represented by the United Auto Workers (UAW) on March 27 ratified a new five-year agreement covering about 1,300 members of UAW Local No. 2069 at the New River Valley, Va., plant.
The new contract is effective March 17, 2011, and will expire on March 16, 2016.
“We are the only manufacturing group still building trucks for this market exclusively in the United States, and agreements like this one help us keep American manufacturing competitive,” said Denny Slagle, president and CEO of Volvo Trucks North America, in a written statement. “Working with the UAW, we’ve arrived at an agreement that increases Volvo Trucks’ long-term competitiveness in the North American market, while continuing to offer our employees a great quality of life.
“Volvo gained two points of market share in 2010,” Slagle added, “and the stability this agreement provides will help us continue that momentum as the market improves.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry631 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter411 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way396 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections229 Views