Volvo’s new heavy-lifting wheeled excavator
Volvo Construction Equipment North America, Inc. says its new EW230C wheeled excavator is engineered to provide stability for handling bigger loads. Its design ensures that the rear axle weight, when fitted with the standard counterweight, is below 12 tons; a heavier counterweight is available for applications not requiring the machine to be moved on the road. With the light counterweight, the machine weighs 21.6 to 24.3 tons, depending on machine configuration (23.1 to 25.6 tons with the heavier counterweight).
The excavator is powered by a Volvo D6E EHE3 diesel engine. Additional features include:
- Access to the superstructure via steps for easy servicing and maintenance checks;
- New and higher-capacity cooling module;
- Load-sensing hydraulic system that features two pumps — one for the attachment and travel, and a second, closed-loop slew pump;
- Larger hydraulic cylinders; and
- Digging forces 10 to 15 percent greater than on the EW210C.
In addition, 95 percent of the machine is recyclable, according to the company, making it environmentally friendly.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure541 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine238 Views