Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year464 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries327 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs216 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding169 Views