Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve517 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry255 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature247 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky211 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia123 Views