Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1090 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry699 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets447 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike231 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address229 Views