Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 867 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life466 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers219 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views