Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program600 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas401 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents295 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials242 Views