Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill429 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers414 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg323 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award192 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products184 Views