Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers564 Views
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry511 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction461 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company370 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way270 Views