Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151088 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1047 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production749 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success590 Views