Vulcan attempting $1 billion more from Martin Marietta takeover bid?
Vulcan Materials Co. may be betting it can squeeze $1 billion more out of a takeover bid that’s already the most expensive for a U.S. building material company, according to a Dec. 14 Bloomberg report.
Martin Marietta Materials Inc.’s $4.8 billion hostile offer for Birmingham, Ala.-based Vulcan values the largest American producer of crushed stone at 24 times earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, according to the Bloomberg report. The multiple is the highest on record for an acquisition greater than $500 million of a U.S. maker of building materials such as cement, according to data compiled by Bloomberg that includes net debt.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers421 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products206 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award194 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions185 Views