Vulcan awards Applied Industrial Technologies
Vulcan Materials Co. has recognized Applied Industrial Technologies for its services in 2010 with a Gold Alliance Supplier Award.
Strong rankings in the areas of product quality, service, support, ease of transaction and value have earned Applied a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum Alliance award from Vulcan every year since 2000.
“Vulcan is a valued customer with a strong commitment to quality,” said Tom Arnold, vice president – marketing and strategic accounts, in a press statement. “We appreciate the trust bestowed upon us because it serves to strengthen our commitment to customer service.”
Pete Roberts, director of procurement for Vulcan, added: “We are pleased to recognize Applied with Gold Award status in recognition of their ongoing product support and service solutions that help make Vulcan successful.”
The 2010 survey asked plant managers at each of the Vulcan facilities to rate suppliers’ overall value to their location. The new survey approach resulted in increased participation, additional feedback and more stringent reviews. More than 200 Applied Service Centers provide Vulcan facilities with bearings, power transmission products, rubber products and specialty maintenance items, in addition to systems integration and technical assistance.
Vulcan Materials Co., a member of the S&P 500 index, is the nation’s foremost producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of other construction materials.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151100 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production755 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success604 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting429 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views