Vulcan awards Applied Industrial Technologies
Vulcan Materials Co. has recognized Applied Industrial Technologies for its services in 2010 with a Gold Alliance Supplier Award.
Strong rankings in the areas of product quality, service, support, ease of transaction and value have earned Applied a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum Alliance award from Vulcan every year since 2000.
“Vulcan is a valued customer with a strong commitment to quality,” said Tom Arnold, vice president – marketing and strategic accounts, in a press statement. “We appreciate the trust bestowed upon us because it serves to strengthen our commitment to customer service.”
Pete Roberts, director of procurement for Vulcan, added: “We are pleased to recognize Applied with Gold Award status in recognition of their ongoing product support and service solutions that help make Vulcan successful.”
The 2010 survey asked plant managers at each of the Vulcan facilities to rate suppliers’ overall value to their location. The new survey approach resulted in increased participation, additional feedback and more stringent reviews. More than 200 Applied Service Centers provide Vulcan facilities with bearings, power transmission products, rubber products and specialty maintenance items, in addition to systems integration and technical assistance.
Vulcan Materials Co., a member of the S&P 500 index, is the nation’s foremost producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of other construction materials.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger143 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views