Vulcan awards Applied Industrial Technologies
Vulcan Materials Co. has recognized Applied Industrial Technologies for its services in 2010 with a Gold Alliance Supplier Award.
Strong rankings in the areas of product quality, service, support, ease of transaction and value have earned Applied a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum Alliance award from Vulcan every year since 2000.
“Vulcan is a valued customer with a strong commitment to quality,” said Tom Arnold, vice president – marketing and strategic accounts, in a press statement. “We appreciate the trust bestowed upon us because it serves to strengthen our commitment to customer service.”
Pete Roberts, director of procurement for Vulcan, added: “We are pleased to recognize Applied with Gold Award status in recognition of their ongoing product support and service solutions that help make Vulcan successful.”
The 2010 survey asked plant managers at each of the Vulcan facilities to rate suppliers’ overall value to their location. The new survey approach resulted in increased participation, additional feedback and more stringent reviews. More than 200 Applied Service Centers provide Vulcan facilities with bearings, power transmission products, rubber products and specialty maintenance items, in addition to systems integration and technical assistance.
Vulcan Materials Co., a member of the S&P 500 index, is the nation’s foremost producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of other construction materials.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February446 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again320 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)172 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views