Vulcan begins mine development at Azusa Rock Quarry
The site, located in San Gabriel Valley, east of Los Angeles, is expected to contain more than 100 million tons of granite aggregate, which would provide Vulcan with material for the next several decades.
The Azusa project will also help Vulcan redevelop former mining sites such as a 90-acre former sand and gravel mine in Irwindale, California, which will be reclaimed for commercial development.
For more information, visit vulcanmaterials.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned466 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting459 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views