Vulcan begins mine development at Azusa Rock Quarry
The site, located in San Gabriel Valley, east of Los Angeles, is expected to contain more than 100 million tons of granite aggregate, which would provide Vulcan with material for the next several decades.
The Azusa project will also help Vulcan redevelop former mining sites such as a 90-acre former sand and gravel mine in Irwindale, California, which will be reclaimed for commercial development.
For more information, visit vulcanmaterials.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life499 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers327 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 288 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts161 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views