Vulcan begins mine development at Azusa Rock Quarry
The site, located in San Gabriel Valley, east of Los Angeles, is expected to contain more than 100 million tons of granite aggregate, which would provide Vulcan with material for the next several decades.
The Azusa project will also help Vulcan redevelop former mining sites such as a 90-acre former sand and gravel mine in Irwindale, California, which will be reclaimed for commercial development.
For more information, visit vulcanmaterials.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest376 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?335 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training331 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections321 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company317 Views