Vulcan begins mine development at Azusa Rock Quarry
The site, located in San Gabriel Valley, east of Los Angeles, is expected to contain more than 100 million tons of granite aggregate, which would provide Vulcan with material for the next several decades.
The Azusa project will also help Vulcan redevelop former mining sites such as a 90-acre former sand and gravel mine in Irwindale, California, which will be reclaimed for commercial development.
For more information, visit vulcanmaterials.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant492 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March371 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call267 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania257 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29245 Views