Vulcan begins mine development at Azusa Rock Quarry
The site, located in San Gabriel Valley, east of Los Angeles, is expected to contain more than 100 million tons of granite aggregate, which would provide Vulcan with material for the next several decades.
The Azusa project will also help Vulcan redevelop former mining sites such as a 90-acre former sand and gravel mine in Irwindale, California, which will be reclaimed for commercial development.
For more information, visit vulcanmaterials.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1120 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1029 Views
- U.S. District Court agrees to expedite NSSGA's lawsuit against MSHA over POV rule378 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee297 Views
- Dolese Bros. open quarry after more than $20 million in upgrades215 Views