Vulcan begins mine development at Azusa Rock Quarry
The site, located in San Gabriel Valley, east of Los Angeles, is expected to contain more than 100 million tons of granite aggregate, which would provide Vulcan with material for the next several decades.
The Azusa project will also help Vulcan redevelop former mining sites such as a 90-acre former sand and gravel mine in Irwindale, California, which will be reclaimed for commercial development.
For more information, visit vulcanmaterials.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill436 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers415 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg324 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products194 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views