Vulcan elects Lee Styslinger III as a company director
Vulcan Materials Co. has elected Lee Styslinger III, 52, as a director of the company.
Styslinger is chairman and CEO of Altec Inc., a holding company for businesses that design, manufacture, and market equipment for the electric and telecommunications industries with products and services in over 100 countries.
Styslinger serves on the boards of Regions Financial Corporation, Harvard Business School, Northwestern University, and the National Association of Manufacturers. He is a member of the Business Roundtable and was appointed by President George W. Bush to the President’s Export Council from 2006 to 2008. Styslinger earned a B.A. from Northwestern University and an M.B.A. from Harvard University.
“We are very pleased that Lee has agreed to join Vulcan’s board,” said Don James, chairman and CEO of Vulcan Materials, in a written statement. “We look forward to working with him in the years ahead and to his contributions as a member of our board.”
With the addition of Styslinger, Vulcan’s 11-member board consists of 10 outside directors.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs709 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries278 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity220 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding209 Views