Vulcan makes senior management changes
Vulcan Materials Co. has made several senior management changes in the company’s Construction Materials Group.
The changes are the following:
- J. Thomas Hill (51), currently president of Vulcan’s Southwest Division, will assume the position of President, Florida Rock Division, effective Sept. 1. Hill joined Vulcan in 1996 and has served in his current position since 2004. Hill is replacing Thompson S. Baker II, who is leaving Vulcan to become CEO of Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc., headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla. Baker joined Vulcan in 2007 when Florida Rock Industries, Inc. merged with Vulcan.
- Also effective Sept. 1, Stanley G. Bass (49), currently president of Vulcan’s Midsouth Division, will assume the additional role of president, Southwest Division. Bass joined Vulcan in 1996 and has served in his current position since 2005.
- Ronald G. McAbee (63), senior vice president, West, will retire during the first quarter of 2011. Mr. McAbee joined Vulcan in 1974 and has served in his current position since 2007.
Commenting on the changes, Vulcan’s Chairman and CEO Donald M. James said in a written press statement: “Tom Hill and Stan Bass have extensive experience with the company and in our industry. Both are well prepared and suited for their expanded responsibilities.
“We thank Tom Baker for the important contributions he has made to the integration of the Florida Rock businesses into Vulcan and wish him the best in his future endeavors,” James continued. “Ron McAbee has made significant contributions to the success of Vulcan, including serving as Division President of two different divisions during his long and outstanding career with Vulcan. We will miss Ron and wish him the best in his retirement.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person748 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger385 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)343 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger235 Views