Vulcan makes senior management changes
Vulcan Materials Co. has made several senior management changes in the company’s Construction Materials Group.
The changes are the following:
- J. Thomas Hill (51), currently president of Vulcan’s Southwest Division, will assume the position of President, Florida Rock Division, effective Sept. 1. Hill joined Vulcan in 1996 and has served in his current position since 2004. Hill is replacing Thompson S. Baker II, who is leaving Vulcan to become CEO of Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc., headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla. Baker joined Vulcan in 2007 when Florida Rock Industries, Inc. merged with Vulcan.
- Also effective Sept. 1, Stanley G. Bass (49), currently president of Vulcan’s Midsouth Division, will assume the additional role of president, Southwest Division. Bass joined Vulcan in 1996 and has served in his current position since 2005.
- Ronald G. McAbee (63), senior vice president, West, will retire during the first quarter of 2011. Mr. McAbee joined Vulcan in 1974 and has served in his current position since 2007.
Commenting on the changes, Vulcan’s Chairman and CEO Donald M. James said in a written press statement: “Tom Hill and Stan Bass have extensive experience with the company and in our industry. Both are well prepared and suited for their expanded responsibilities.
“We thank Tom Baker for the important contributions he has made to the integration of the Florida Rock businesses into Vulcan and wish him the best in his future endeavors,” James continued. “Ron McAbee has made significant contributions to the success of Vulcan, including serving as Division President of two different divisions during his long and outstanding career with Vulcan. We will miss Ron and wish him the best in his retirement.”
MORE FROM Manufacturer and People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations241 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers217 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs159 Views
- Powerscreen Trakpactor 320SR to launch at ConExpo-Con/Agg151 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show138 Views