Vulcan Materials names new president and CEO
Vulcan Materials Co. is the world’s largest producer of construction aggregates and now they have a new president and CEO. On Monday the company announced that J. Thomas Hill will succeed Donald James – who is now the company’s executive chairman.
Hill, 55, is no stranger to the company. He has been with Vulcan for more than 24 years and has filled several positions with the company. Most recently he was its executive vice president and chief operating officer.
“Having successfully navigated the worst downturn in our industry’s history, now is the right time to put in place our new leadership team, led by Tom, to guide the Company and expand our market leadership in the industry,” former president and CEO Donald James said. “Tom has been a tremendous asset to our company over the years, particularly as we successfully enhanced Vulcan’s profitability and financial strength during the market downturn and positioned the company for strong performance during the recovery. Tom is a proven leader with vast operational and industry experience and superlative management skills. He is the right person at the right time to lead our company forward in its next phase of growth. Given his strong track record at Vulcan, deep understanding of our organization and close relationship with the management team, we are confident that Tom will transition seamlessly into this new role.”
Vulcan also promoted former executive vice president and chief financial officer John McPherson to executive vice president, chief financial and strategy officer.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1163 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1031 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program580 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas326 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views