Vulcan property to be annexed, zoned in Grayslake, Illinois
Grayslake village trustees last week agreed to annex and zone a nearby unincorporated Vulcan Materials property, an effort which is aimed help eliminate asphalt odors residents have complained about, according to the Lake County News-Sun.
The Vulcan property is not yet within Grayslake boundaries, but the company has been working to reduce odors emitted from its asphalt plant. Vulcan and Grayslake signed an agreement last July in which Vulcan agreed to shut down the asphalt operation by January 1, 2014.
The company has also agreed to remove a billboard described as “unsightly” and has agreed to the annexation of their unincorporated property.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!216 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion210 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing189 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution179 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views