Vulcan property to be annexed, zoned in Grayslake, Illinois
Grayslake village trustees last week agreed to annex and zone a nearby unincorporated Vulcan Materials property, an effort which is aimed help eliminate asphalt odors residents have complained about, according to the Lake County News-Sun.
The Vulcan property is not yet within Grayslake boundaries, but the company has been working to reduce odors emitted from its asphalt plant. Vulcan and Grayslake signed an agreement last July in which Vulcan agreed to shut down the asphalt operation by January 1, 2014.
The company has also agreed to remove a billboard described as “unsightly” and has agreed to the annexation of their unincorporated property.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill764 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability688 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure559 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]553 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 263 Views