Vulcan property to be annexed, zoned in Grayslake, Illinois
Grayslake village trustees last week agreed to annex and zone a nearby unincorporated Vulcan Materials property, an effort which is aimed help eliminate asphalt odors residents have complained about, according to the Lake County News-Sun.
The Vulcan property is not yet within Grayslake boundaries, but the company has been working to reduce odors emitted from its asphalt plant. Vulcan and Grayslake signed an agreement last July in which Vulcan agreed to shut down the asphalt operation by January 1, 2014.
The company has also agreed to remove a billboard described as “unsightly” and has agreed to the annexation of their unincorporated property.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations257 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show256 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers242 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs188 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000166 Views