Vulcan property to be annexed, zoned in Grayslake, Illinois
Grayslake village trustees last week agreed to annex and zone a nearby unincorporated Vulcan Materials property, an effort which is aimed help eliminate asphalt odors residents have complained about, according to the Lake County News-Sun.
The Vulcan property is not yet within Grayslake boundaries, but the company has been working to reduce odors emitted from its asphalt plant. Vulcan and Grayslake signed an agreement last July in which Vulcan agreed to shut down the asphalt operation by January 1, 2014.
The company has also agreed to remove a billboard described as “unsightly” and has agreed to the annexation of their unincorporated property.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151090 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success612 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting388 Views