Vulcan property to be annexed, zoned in Grayslake, Illinois
Grayslake village trustees last week agreed to annex and zone a nearby unincorporated Vulcan Materials property, an effort which is aimed help eliminate asphalt odors residents have complained about, according to the Lake County News-Sun.
The Vulcan property is not yet within Grayslake boundaries, but the company has been working to reduce odors emitted from its asphalt plant. Vulcan and Grayslake signed an agreement last July in which Vulcan agreed to shut down the asphalt operation by January 1, 2014.
The company has also agreed to remove a billboard described as “unsightly” and has agreed to the annexation of their unincorporated property.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs716 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity223 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law217 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs194 Views